Sunday, May 16, 2010

... tempered with an ending

This morning was my last official shift working as a Barista. It started as just a summer-before-college job, but I ended up staying two years. I saw my way through three different managers, and got to work with some really cool people. And then there were the customers themselves.

I am a self-proclaimed introvert, so it was a bit of a stretch at first to ask complete strangers how they were and expect an answer other than "fine." The other people I worked with though, helped to coax me out of my shell, and really get to know my customers. Granted, I know most by their favorite drink, not by name, but we shared some conversations and taught me things I will never forget. The most important two being that everyone has a story and you never know what good a smile can do.

Thank you for all those great mornings! I hope some of you get to read this!

--Miche

Active things done today: Rest, made lots and lots of Lattes, smiled a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment